Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Birthday Fishes

I am super late posting this card I made for my niece's birthday in September.  One of her hobbies is fishing and I'm happy to say the card turned out just like I envisioned it! 


Watercolouring is all the rage again so I first made the background using a variety of Distress Inks.  Once it was dry I stamped the sweet PI Gone Fishing image with Memento Tuxedo black ink onto the watercoloured background and then stamped another image onto Bella’sBestest paper and coloured that one with copics.  I fussy cut it out and popped it up for some dimension.


I stamped a few little fish in the lake and popped one up on end of the fishing rod.  I added a strip of red cardstock stamped with Diagonal Stripes BG and the rest of the card is simple, just a red mat on a white card base.

I really enjoyed getting the watercolours out - it makes such a pretty background.

Cheerio.....Leslie

No comments: