Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Friend Karen

My friend Karen has a beautiful blog and she is a beautiful stamper.  Karen had a brilliant idea a couple of years ago to make one Christmas card per week throughout the year so when December rolled around she wasn't stressed out trying to make all her cards in a week :).  I have long admired her idea, but until recently didn't have the time to commit to this.  I know we're three months into 2011 but here's a little secret.....I have 15 Christmas cards already made for this year so I actually think I'm ahead - LOL.

This little fellow is super cute, or should I say super 'cool'?!  He comes in a set called "Cool Yule" from MFT that has 4 other images and 3 sentiments which are perfect for the set.  I coloured him with copics, paper pieced his toque and scarf and the rest of it came together really quickly.  Just a bit of sparkly patterned paper (sorry can't remember the name as it was just a leftover scrap), a ghost snowflake, a bonbon and of course, glitter for his toque trim.  If my math is correct, this makes Christmas Card #16 for me but who's competing.....I mean counting?! :)  Stay tuned for more of my Christmas cards.

Cheerio.....Leslie

7 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This is DARLING Leslie! FAB colors for a Christmas card! LOVE this little cutie and your coloring! The ghost snowflake and the bling are the PERFECT touch!

Karen Motz said...

You're too sweet!! I just LOVE this card. The colours are so perfectly wintery!!! 15 cards already eh? You have me beat my friend. So when do we get to see the rest? :-)

Dana White said...

you would think I would strive to keep up with the 1 a week since I need so many BUT where would I be if i wasn't stressed in Nov getting 100 made!!
He is fabulous - the colours, glitter and ghost snow flake rock!

Ebru Vatansever said...

OMG Leslie this card is super cute and I am also amazed you have already started Christmas Cards for this year. You asked the name of the song on my video and it's Demi Lovato called Gift of a Friend.

Crafty Cath said...

16 cards already???? No way. You've got me beat by 16! This little guy is sporting some fine glitter and fancy shamcy paper. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, have you been brain washed by her!!!! Xmas cards...ba humbug!! But considering we have more snow here, you would think I would want to make holiday cards!!! Yours is fantastic girlfriend!!!!

Anna Semple said...

Leslie, I am so friggin" impressed but not surprised as I have seen your talent inspire and amaze me now for over 20 years. It all started with a little blue bear!! Karen..more than a brilliant idea! I'm definitely following you two!
Anna