Monday, March 28, 2011

Super Simple Sweet Sunday Sketch

Wow, that title is a bit of a tongue twister!  This is Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch (SSSC110) and I decided to make it a Christmas card.  It really was super fast to make.  I was going to sew but realized that I'd have to change the bobbin and the thread and that was all a bit too much for me today :) 
All the papers are from Stampin' Up: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Real Red and some retired Designer Series Paper.  The stamp is Swirly Hills With Trees from Stamping Bella.  I only used four copics so didn't bother to photograph them.  YR12 for the star, YG93 and YG95 for the trees and E35 for the tree trunks.  I tried and tried and tried to get the bow on the button perfect like Joanne does, but I clearly need more practice :)  A little glitter in the sky and on the snowy hills finished it off.  I can see making more of these because it came together so quickly and I like to use up a full 12 x 12 sheet - leftover scraps make me a little crazy! 


Cheerio.....Leslie

7 comments:

Helen said...

Really lovely! Love the colours!

Karen Motz said...

Super Simple, but Simply Fabulous!!!!! Love the glittery hills and your button/bow looks awesome to me!!

Dana White said...

this is a perfect mass production card - I must remember it! Lovely, just the right amount of glitter & I get the not wanting to change the bobbin!!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is lovely Leslie!! LOVE this stamp and the layout you used!!!

The Only Girl said...

Bee-u-tiful! I love this one.

Look at you with all the posts my friend! Great job.

Crafty Cath said...

I can't believe you are getting so many Christmas cards done. Seeing this makes me wish I picked up this image when we were in Bellaland. Remember Linda's sneak peak for her white card? Hmpf, guess it looks great in color too. Your card is fantastic!

Ebru- aka- April said...

Hey Leslie, you are on a roll girl with next years Christmas cards. This one is simply beautiful !!!
Hugs