Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation Cheers

I was asked to make a couple of graduation cards for Vicky and her only request was one had to have dark brown hair and one light brown hair (I've just shown one here).  My MFT order had just arrived so I knew exactly the image I would use!


I stamped the Cheers  à la modes from MFT in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored it with copics.  I was surprised at how few copics I used - really just hair, dress and skin colours AND I used the same skin colours for the champagne - I just used a bit of the 0 copic to remove some colour from the champagne glass.  By the looks of my blurry copic photo you would think I'd been in to the champagne myself!! :)

I added several coats of clear glaze pen to the glass and paper pieced it so it was outside the rectangle.  The papers are Making Memories Brooke Paisley and Brooke Narr Stripe and the sketch is the MFTWSC20.  I was super excited with my MFT order and wanted to use as much of it as possible, so added a Simply Scallop border along the bottom and a Mini Rolled Rose Die-namic.  Thanks Karen, for suggesting I use the matching paper to make the rose - love it! 

I didn't have a leaf die so I made my own.  I just cut an oval, free-hand, scored it down the middle and then ran it through my crimper  - voila - a leaf! 

Well, Happy Graduation girls and Cheers to you!

Cheerio.....Leslie

5 comments:

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is lovely - the flower & leaves are stunning!!

Karen Motz said...

This is SO pretty!!! Love the out of the box champagne glass and those amazing hand-made leaves!!!

Crafty Cath said...

To start with - this is such a great card. I love the colors but then I love the paper rose and the leaves you hand made too - so creative! Those a la modes are to die for aren't they?

Anna said...

You have always known how to put together a beautiful card. I love these bright colors together Leslie.

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend...that paper with that image is perfection!!!