Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch - Snow Gifts

I love Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (SSSC133) this week.  The sketch is so easy that I made TWO of these cards...and might even make more! 

This image is perfect for watercolouring, something that I haven't done in ages.  I stamped Snow Gifts (a very old Penny Black stamp) in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on watercolour paper and used my much neglected watercolour pencils and three copics.

The paper is retired SU Merry Moments and I used a little bit of SU Old Olive ribbon and a trio of bonbons in the top corner.  My image was so big I couldn't put the banner across the bottom but that's the beauty of a sketch - it's open to interpretation, right?  :)  I used my Stardust glitter pen and some chunky glitter for the snow base. 

I'd forgotten how quick watercolouring can be!

Cheerio.....Leslie

6 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Love this and that super sparkly snow!!!

Karen Giron said...

This is so darling! I love that little tree and the glittery snow!

Dana White said...

This is so sweet - you and your snowmen ;) Love the snow

The Only Girl said...

LOVE it! You can send one of these to me in December please!

Crafty Cath said...

So at first I thought you did some awesome creative stitching but after clicking the photo to get a closer look I saw it was just a trick!!!! You used stitched design paper! ACK you are too funny! Super cute image. I haven't seen it before but since I'm NOT as you say, very old, that could be why! Hehehe. But I'm a sucker for snowmen and rustic trees! Cute cute card!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this one, that image is too cute!