Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Sweet Sunday that almost wasn't!

This week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge SSSC137 was easy for me.  I knew immediately I'd flip the sketch horizontally and started working on my image.  It all went downhill from there!  Seriously, this card had so many mistakes I almost gave up...but...a true crafter perseveres and here's what I ended up with.

This adorable image is from There She Goes and the set is called Wonderful Winter Wishes.  I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with copics.

I coloured the big girl's mitten red but smeared it a bit on her sleeve.  No problem, I'll use my 0 copic to 'erase' it.  Nope, not working, made it worse.  No problem.  I'll paper piece her coat.  Nope, cut off her hand by mistake.  No problem, I'll stamp another set of hands and paper piece them on.  Easier said than done - I should have taken a photo of the underneath of those girls!  Thankfully the rest of the card came together very easily.  The cardstock is SU Garden Green, Real Red and some retired SU pattern paper.  The circles and lacey circle are Nestabilities and I used the Perfect Polkadots embossing folder from SU on the white circle and sponged the edges.  MFT Simply Scallops Die-namics finished off the bottom border.

It took much longer than I thought to make this card because of all my "problems" but it seems to have turned out okay in the end :)

Cheerio.....Leslie

3 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

OMG I am cracking up here...your story sounds so very familiar. And I'm sure that I'm not talking just about me. Seriously, I think we all have "accidents" and from them comes the art! And I must tell you that you did a great job with your paper piecing because we never would have known! Glad you stuck it out!

Dana White said...

I agree with Cath I know this story; I've lived this story!! This is so stinking cute my friend!!

Karen Motz said...

So glad this card "was" and that you didn't give up because it's REALLY SWEET!!!!