Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christal's Christmas card

My co-worker, Christal, is a big fan of my cards and so I knew I had to make a special one for her this year.  When I saw the new Uptown girl "Eve under the mistletoe" I knew this was the image to use.  I think I created a wonderful likeness of Christal with this Bella image.  Not only is Eve's haircut similar to Christals but the dress and especially the shoes are SO Christal - she LOVES shoes!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with copics.  The paper is some retired SU Christmas paper.  Now Christal is always encouraging me to try and match her gorgeous skin tone and I gave it my best shot on this card.  I used E33 for her skin and N8 and 9 for her hair.  I paper pieced her cute little dress and the belt has a couple of coats of black glaze pen with a coat of silver Atyou Spica on the buckle.  I added some liquid applique with glitter on it to the dress trim and red stickles on her shoes and bracelets.  I adore ghost snowflakes (so much so that I hate to use them-just like to look at them!) but this card had to have one.  I added another white snowflake with a silver donut and red bonbon on top to finish it off.  The sentiment is from Holly Girl and the banner is the First Place Award Ribbon.  This card started off as the sketch for December's SFYTT but ended up being a very "loose" interpretation :)

I'm happy to say Christal loved her card - so much so that she asked me to take a photo of her with her card to show you!

Cheerio.....Leslie

8 comments:

Karen Motz said...

It's the splitting image of her! Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MY CARD! Uptown girl is fabulous and has a great sense of style like me tee hee. The colours and shading are amazing and this photo does it no justice! Keep watching for Leslie's lastest playful and fun creations.

Christal aka Uptown Girl

Anonymous said...

Leslie's creations are spectacular in every way and she never ceases to amaze me with her work.

Vicky aka boss lady :o)

Dana White said...

STUNNING card & it was great to see a picture of Christal with her card!!

Jodi Collins said...

SO fabulous Leslie! GORGEOUS coloring and you can tell she LOVES her card!!

Robin McK said...

Leslie, this is so cute! Of course she would love it!
I am digging that polka dot paper!!

Crafty Cath said...

Ack you did such a great job of matching this Uptown Girl image to Crystal. She looks tickled pink to have such an AWESOME card!

Anna said...

That was so clever and perfect for her. I'm not surprised. Leslie can do anything!