Monday, June 4, 2012

When a sketch has a mind of its own!

Do you ever start making a card from a sketch and with one wrong cut, it takes a turn for the worse?  Suddenly it looks nothing like the original sketch but you persevere and voila, a masterpiece (LOL) is created.  This is what happened to me with this card.  I started with good intentions and a lovely sketch from Card Patterns Sketch 168 but then one wrong cut (with my last bit of fav paper!) and I thought it was over.  But I stuck with it and the card took on a whole new look.  I have to say I LOVE it!

I stamped the sweet little PI girl Heart Stripes in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured her with copics.

I tried some blond hair as this is going to my dear friend, Denise, who is sporting a new sassy, sweet blond haircut.  The paper is one of my favs from a TE Project Pantry kit - sorry can't remember the actual name of the paper.  I used 1/2 a lace doily and paper pieced her little jumper, adding two tiny rhinestones for her buttons.  A green atyou Spica pen gave her a little sparkle and I added a button ties with some lime green bakers twine.  Finally, I used my new Fishtail Flags dies - LOVE them!  The sentiment is All Smiles and that is exactly what Denise was doing as she headed out for her big day....smiling from ear to ear and it made me SO happy!!

Cheerio.....Leslie


5 comments:

Dana White said...

Oh she is sweet - love doily underneath the circles

Karen Motz said...

This is really sweet! The colours and paper piecing are perfection!

Lisa H. said...

so cute. love her sweet jumper and the beautiful sentiment.

Crafty Cath said...

Well this might not look anything like your original sketch but I'll tell ya that it looks fantastic! I love the open space and lacy doily...and the banner sentiment ties it all together! I LOVE it!

Jodi Collins said...

What a cutie pie!!! Fantastic coloring and I love the papers!!