Saturday, September 8, 2012

Meet the Punkins - September SFYTT

It's Saturday and for me, (this month only), that means another card as Jen's Guest Designer for her September Sketch For You To Try!

Halloween is my second favourite time of year.  I absolutely LOVE everything about it - the costumes, the decorations, the colours, the treats (mmm) and of course the pumpkins - all sizes, shapes and colours. Let me introduce The Punkin Family from Kraftin' Kimmie, our sponsor this month!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo black ink, coloured the pumpkins with copics and then added some extra shading with OMS and pencil crayons.  I used a green and orange Atyou Spica pens for a touch of glitter on the pumpkins.

I rotated the sketch this time and for a little texture used the swiss dots embossing folder on the largest polka dot paper.  The image seemed a bit stark so I added some clouds I made with the MFT Wonky Scallop Border die-namic.  I cut out a border and placed it randomly, sponging the edge and voila...clouds!  I added some grass but got a little carried away I think!

The paper is perfectly named Happy Halloween from Echo Park and the ribbon and the papers came from TE Fright Night Project Pantry.  I added three dots in the corner and popped up the littlest Punkin for a little dimension.

Of course I had to do the inside and the Open ZigZag die-namic seemed to imitate the pumpkin carvings.

For more inspiration here are the rest of the fabulous SFYTT Sisters:

Amber Hight
Amy Sheffer
Becky Carafa
Carole Burrage
Jen Tapler
Jodi Collins
Kerry Johnson
Megan Lock
Susan Liles
Tracy Schultz

I hope you've had time to play along with Jen's sketch this month. 

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

You did a beautiful job with this Leslie - I just love it. Gorgeous job on the clouds, love those coloured pumpkins and all your extras. I'm craving those mini Aero bars now.... thanks a lot!

Karen Motz said...

This is adorable and I love the inside with the zig zag border that reminds of their triangle eyes!

Dana White said...

These pumpkins are perfect. For a halloween girl like you!

Dana White said...

These pumpkins are awesome & the paper is perfect