Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Retirement

I was asked to make a Retirement card for one of the nurses at work and I have to say this card was so much fun to make!  It turned out pretty much exactly like I envisioned it.

 
I stamped the nurse, the chair and the stool onto Bella's Bestest paper with Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured them with copics.  I then "upholstered" the furniture with some pattern paper adding a few tiny twinkles on the stool.  I popped everything up with dimensionals.  The background piece of cream is embossed and it kind of reminds me of wallpaper.  I added the sentiment on a Fishtail Flag. 


The layout is from a card Michele made waaaaay back on June 18, 2010.  The inside is blank as there needs to be lots of room for everyone to write their good wishes. 

Here are the copics I used.

 
Wishing our nurse a very happy and restful retirement - hope she has a big comfy chair like the one on her card to relax in!

Cheerio.....Leslie

Stamps:  PI Best Medicine (MFT), PI Do Not Disturb This Mouse (MFT)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black, copics
Paper:  Bella's Bestest paper, Mint green (my scrap bin), MME Lost and Found "Market Place"
Other:  Fishtail Flags STAX die-namic (MFT), Fishtail Flags Layers STAX die-namic (MFT), Petal Circles Stencil (MFT), Simply Scallops Medium (MFT), clear glaze pen, tiny twinkles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet she loved it as it is super cute GF!