Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Being Cute is What I do - MFTWSC32

I promised Karen I would attempt sewing again and today's MFTWSC32 was a great layout to try it on, or "sew" I thought! :)  It started out really well.  The outer edge was pretty good but when I sewed the pink dotted panel on I think there were too many layers and the tension went crazy.  These were my last bits of Imaginisce Fairest of Them All, Magic Meadow pattern paper so I just kept on sewing!


I stamped Being Cute is What I Do in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her with copics.

I just LOVE her little outfit and can't resist paper piecing it!  The solid cardstock is SU Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue which I ran through the BigShot with the SU Perfect Polkadots embossing folder.  I used the MFT Simply Scallops die for the border and the MFT Pretty Posies for the flower.  I added a little button in the center of the flower and tied a pink twine bow.  I was trying to follow the sketch but realized my little PI girl was too big on the piece of paper I had stamped her on, so just cut around her and mounted her on top - I like this look! 

Cheerio.....Leslie

2 comments:

Dana White said...

You did sew well (couldn't resist!!) This is so sweet - love her

Crafty Cath said...

How the heck did you cut this image out so well? And I'm glad you didn't let your sister scare you away from sewing forever...it gives your card a great finished Look! :)