Sunday, November 13, 2011

My stamping accident

As with most accidents there is a "before" moment, and "oh crap" moment and the "rescue" moment.  I thought it would be fun to show you my recent accident.

Here's the "before" card, beautifully stamped image, perfectly paper pieced lab coat, all photographed and ready to post on my blog.  It's a duplicate from this post.
Here's what happened JUST after I stamped my name on the back of the card!!!!
Can you see that NASTY ink pad mark? Not only did I drop the ink pad but it bounced and made TWO marks!  That was my "oh crap" moment!  I couldn't bear to start again plus it was quite late on a work night so I left it on my desk for a few days.  Then the "rescue" came - in the form of a completely new PI image, Lily of the Valley.  Here's the "rescued" card.

Although the Girl Doctor wasn't able to save herself, Lilly of the Valley came through and all was well in the world!!

Cheerio.....Leslie

5 comments:

Dana White said...

Oh the first dr image was super cute BUT your recovery card is so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

OMG girl, you know how many times I have done this and then needed to either restart or put on a really big flower!! Both are darling too!

Kerri said...

nothing wrong with your card it is great..who says you can't correct a mistake..lol..grt job

Karen Motz said...

What a perfect way to rescue that card and turn it into a happy accident!!!

Crafty Cath said...

All IS well...I'm sure that most of us have had the same accident. The key is that you saved the card and Little Miss Lily of the Valley is as adorable as the doctor!