Friday, November 16, 2012

Bellariffic Friday - Sketch 23 - BFF's birthday

This is the card I made for my BFF - it's her birthday and so you can imagine it had to be perfect - oh the pressure!  I used this week's Stamping Bella, Bellariffic Friday sketch 23.

I stamped Victoria and Juliette's Night Out in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured them with copics.

The pattern paper is Basic Grey Kioshi paired with Grape Jelly and Grapesicle cardstock.  I really like the sketch as I knew I could use my Fishtail Flags Stax and Fishtail Flags Layers Stax die-namics.  I used oval nesties to cut out Victoria and Juliette.  Eeek, had to cut off some of their lovely long legs and a bit of dress but that was easily fixed with a sweet paper pieced dress on top.  I textured the strip of Grapesicle card stock with my Perfect Polka dots embossing folder.  I found some perfectly matching Mulberry paper mini roses to add along the edge.  A bit of glitter on the dresses and several coats of clear glaze pen to the wine and these gals are ready to celebrate! 

I did the inside too.

I keep a list of my BFF's likes and dislikes, much to her amusement.  As I said, the card had to be perfect so let's recap:  she likes the "long skinny leg girls" from my assortment of stamps - check.  She likes purples - check.  She likes wine - check.  Perfect card - uh, perhaps not.  See, she likes flowers but my list says she doesn't like roses but, really, on closer inspection, I do think those are Mulberry paper mini "carnations".  So?  Yes, I do believe it's the perfect card for her!

Happy, happy Birthday BFF!!

Cheerio.....Leslie

7 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!! I LOVE the purples and their pretty dresses!!! Who thought those were roses?!? Definitely carnations. :-)

Dana White said...

This is gorgeous. Love the paper pieced dress & how it pops outside the panel and all the shades of purple. I'm sure your BFF loved it!

Carla Murphy said...

Aren't card for our BFF's & family the hardest to do? But you nailed this!! She'll love it.

Pauline said...

Leslie, a perfect card for a BFF!
Love your colour choice. Great job on this weeks sketch challenge.

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Soo Fabulous!! Perfect for your BFF for sure!! love the pretty dp's you chose and fantastic paper piecing! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

The Only Girl said...

And its even better in person - I loved it! Lucky me to have such a wonderful and creative BFF!

Mary J said...

So beautiful - love your fun sassy card, Leslie!