Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Christmas Stockings

Here's another card from the assembly line production this past weekend. I saw this last year on someone's blog (sorry, can't remember where) and I saved the photo. 


I made two colour combos and will admit this one was a bit more fiddly with gluing the little silver stocking bits but I love the sparkly silver paper!  The stocking is from SU Stitched Stockings stamp set and it has a matching punch which made it so much quicker than cutting around each stocking and it's tiny silver bits!  I added a little bow with red bakers twine and a real jingle bell to the top of the stocking and a rhinestone in the middle of the stocking.

I used my red copic to colour the rhinestone on the silver/blue combo.  The sentiment is from Seasonal Sentiments and I stamped it in either Cherry Cobbler or Baja Breeze depending on the card.  I made a border with the Simply Scallops medium die-namic and topped with a bit of SU Cherry Cobbler Scallop Dots ribbon.  The bottom bit is embossed with SU Stripes Folder.  I'm not sure which colour combo I like best but I'm happy I have 16 more cards to add to my box :)

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Mary J said...

Fab layouts, Leslie! The colourways are lovely too and the embossing makes them pop!

Karen Motz said...

Love the blue stocking!

Carla Murphy said...

Serously love these. Must have that stripped embossing folder & I need that stocking. Why does looking at your cards always cost me $$$$ ?? LOL Hope you're having a great weekend Leslie.

Crafty Cath said...

Oh my word I love the blue stocking! Right down to the tiny silver bell - it's perfect (where the heck did you find them?)