Monday, November 19, 2012

How to assemble a Snowman

Hee hee, that title cracks me up :)

I have several people at work wanting cards this year so I dedicated this past weekend to mass production!

While I love making "one of a kind" cards (with lots of detail, sewing, etc) I also enjoy mass production - crazy, I know!  This was a card I designed for a recent Christmas card making session I attended with some of my very special stamping friends.  Denise was the hostess and she LOVES snowmen so I made this one especially for her.  She loved it....but really, what's not to love about snowmen?!

I stamped the snowman in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured him with copics.

The snowman is from SU Snow Much Fun set.  When mass producing I look for a simple layout, one that doesn't need all the same pattern paper or embellishments.  For this card I used Crumb Cake as the base paired with Cherry Cobbler that I ran through with the Perfect Polkadots embossing folder.  The pattern paper is from Authentique Wonder collection and I used several different strips.  The sentiment is from the same Snow Much Fun stamp set and I punched it out with the SU Decorative Label punch.  You can see from the mass production photo above that all the snowflakes are different as I used a variety of punches, brads, donuts and bonbons on them.  You know the saying.....no two snowflakes are the same!  I added some glitter along the bottom for the snow.  For my assembly line I usually work in even numbers either 8 or 10 - after that I get bored - LOL.  I started with 10 Crumb Cake bases, then embossed 10 Cherry Cobbler layers, then cut 10 strips of pattern paper, then 10 sentiments punched out, then 10 images stamped, 10 Crumb Cake layers and then I get started on the colouring.  I colour 10 hats, 10 noses, etc - that way I'm not picking up my copics too many times.  Then I make little piles of each element and get to work gluing everything down.  Once they're all glued I apply the glitter.  The final step was the snowflakes and I will admit I used a mixture of ones I already had punched out from previous projects ( I NEVER throw out a snowflake!) and then each one got some sort of bling embellishment.

Of interest it took me about 2 hours to make these.  Don't know if that's good or bad but I enjoyed making them so it's all good to me!  I'm sure it could be done faster with some elves helping, but they all seem to be unavailable right now - hmm :)   

Cheerio.....Leslie




3 comments:

Karen Motz said...

What a lovely group of snowman cards!!! They're each SO adorable!!! But I'm counting 11 cards in that picture. Could one of them be the original one?

Dana White said...

Look at all those snowmen!! What a sweet card

Mary J said...

He he, fun cards!