Friday, April 15, 2011

Bellariffic Friday - Welcome Sue!

We have a new employee starting at work on Monday and I wanted to welcome her with a card.  The Bellariffic Friday challenge this week was a sketch from Lindabella and it was perfect for my card.

I used Execubella from Stamping Bella and tried a little sewing again.  I coloured her with copics.  The paper is My Mind's Eye Deena's Penny Lane and I don't think I can scrape any more scraps out of these 12 x 12 papers - I loved them.  I stamped the plant and the lampshade again and paper pieced them....yikes that lampshade was tiny!  I shined up her shoes with a black glaze pen - oh to be able to wear heels like that!  A Bella Dot in each corner, some sponging to soften the white and it was done.

I hope she likes her card.  Welcome Sue!

Cheerio.....Leslie

8 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

You are so Thoughtful Leslie. I am certain the new employee is going to love the card as you did an awesome job on it. The shading behind the lamp is so well thought of, next time I gotta remember to do that !!!

The Only Girl said...

Love this one - the colours are gorgeous and the girl is super cute!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Leslie! FAB layout, papers and coloring! I am sure that the new employee is going to LOVE this! That is SO thoughtful of you!!!

Karen Motz said...

You already know I LOVE these papers...LOVE!!!! This card is fabulous and I'm sure Sue will feel VERY welcome!!! Look at all that sewing too, and the fabulous shadows by the lamp and plant!!! Amazing work my friend!!!

Anna said...

Leslie that is such a colorful combo. She is surely to be be welcomed by it! Anna

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card for your co-worker! Love the designer papers and 3D elements on this great image!

Helen said...

Great card, great colouring, great papers! And you cut out those tiny things??? I bow to your greatness

Pauline said...

Another awesome card. Great colouring! Love the colours you used.