Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Anna

Yesterday I showed you my boss’s birthday card and today I’m showing you my boss’s wife’s birthday card.  Anna is more than just my boss’s wife – she is my friend, she is lovely, she is very “Martha Stewartish” and crafty.  She is SOLELY responsible for introducing me to this crazy stamping world!  It all started over 22 years ago when she sent me a baby thank you card – just a small pale blue card with one little teddy bear stamped in blue in the centre.  That was it.  I was intrigued.  Where did you get this?  You made it?  How?  Stamping?  What’s stamping?  Well, as you can guess, the rest is history!  I fell in love with stamping.  I still have the very first card I made (maybe I’ll post that one day for a laugh).  Stamping led me to Stampin’ Up (where I was a demonstrator for almost 10 years and have recently retired) and stamping led me to so many, wonderful ladies – many who are now good friends of mine. 
Anna loves Stampin’ Up so her card is ALL that!  I recently went to my friend Mo’s house for a class to make a special folds card.  When I saw the set we were using I knew it would be Anna’s birthday card!  The card base is soft suede with an embossed edge using the Framed Tulips embossing folder on crumb cake cardstock, some baja breeze and vanilla cardstock.  I used some pretty baja breeze seam binding, an antique brad over the bow and that was the front finished. The inside is where it’s all happening!  I used glossy cardstock and we stamped the beautiful “Nature Walk” images with Black StazOn and coloured in some of the images with the matching markers.  A bit of sponging, some spritzing with the colour spritzer tool, the special folding & cutting and it was done.  It may look complicated but it was surprisingly easy and you can make the card any size you want. 
I apologize for the inside photo - those are two scary looking shadows - it's very difficult to photograph a popped out/in card but trust me, the card is very pretty in 'real life'! :)

So to my dear friend, Anna...happy, happy birthday!!!!

Cheerio…..Leslie

7 comments:

Dana White said...

This is stunning my friend! You did an amazing job - the inside I'd amazing!

Crafty Cath said...

You're right this is very Martha Stewartish! Right down to the color combo..Baja Breeze looks so much like Robin's egg blue, a Martha staple. I LOVE how you incorporated the tulip embossing folder - it's on my wish list. Great card!

Anna said...

Beauty does not describe this card! It is breathtaking! The most beautiful card I have ever received hands down!
Thank you, love Anna

Karen Motz said...

Absolutely gorgeous my friend. I love this colour combo!!!

Nicky said...

Love the card Leslie. The colours you chose are fabulous, I love the combination. The inside is great also.

Nicky Manel

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is stunning! OMG, wicked card!

Helen said...

Oooooh, lovely - my most favourite stamp set of the moment, too!