Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Butterfly Kisses

Oh my goodness....I LOVE this image!  How sweet is she?!  Butterfly Kisses from MFT was my top choice for this weeks sketch MFTWSC17 and I knew I wanted to do something special with her wings.


I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then stamped the wings again on vellum cardstock.  I paper pieced her wings, her tiny (!) arms on top and then her little leotard.  I wanted the wings to stand out a bit so bent them gently and then added some tiny specks of glitter to the edges. The paper is Basic Grey Oh Baby Girl Lilly.  The Open Scallop Border Die-namic from MFT was perfect and I added some TE Tiny Twinkles 'cause a girls gotta have her bling!  A prima flower with a Mulberry mini rose in the center was perfect for the flower.  When I was colouring her shoes and tights I realized the copics I had were too dark so I used the 0 copic to erase/lighten some of the colour.  That copic is a must-have!

I'm so happy with this card - it turned out exactly the way I imagined it.  Don't you love when that happens? :)

Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE her wings!!

Karen Motz said...

She's ultra adorable!!! Her wings are spectacular...the detail amazing!!!

Anna said...

So, so adorable! That color combination comes alive and the wings are super cute. Very clever of you Leslie! Watch out! Could be the next request for Anastasia.

Crafty Cath said...

Ack - LOOOVE those wings. I'm gonna try that - but I'll give you credit.