Monday, October 8, 2012

Scrappy Snowmen

After a big Thanksgiving dinner yesterday I was relaxing through my google reader and came upon this sweet card that Karen made.!  I love snowmen and I thought, hey I can make one of these - I even have that paper.....well in my recycle bin!  I just recently threw out the last bits of MME 12 Days of Christmas as I didn't think they were big enough for anything but turns out they were perfect to copy Karen's card so I dug through the bin and found the scraps. 

I stamped PI Holiday Hugs Snowman in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured him with copics.

The cardstock is Kraft and Red which I embossed with Divine Swirl embossing folder.  I paper pieced his hat with the scraps from MME 12 Days of Christmas and added a layer of Stardust Stickles to his scarf and a bit of glitter for the snow.  Fishtail Flags Stax was perfect for the banner and the Be Merry sentiment is from PI Holly Girl.

This is a perfect card to mass produce because there is very little colouring.  To make it faster you could just colour his hat rather than paper piece it.  An added bonus is it's flat - so easy to mail!  I admit I got a little carried away making these.  Turns out I had more scraps than I thought and am happy to say I whipped up 10 (yes 10) of these little cuties to add to my Christmas card box!

Thanks Karen for letting me copy your card!!

Cheerio.....Leslie

2 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is amazing!! LOVE your superb shading on Frosty!!! So glad my card inspired you. :-)

Dana White said...

Frosty is shaded to perfection. Love the glitter on his scarf