Friday, January 27, 2012

Bellariffic Friday - Sketch 2 - Happy Birthday Eliot!

It's Eliot's birthday this week - he's one of my sweet cousins in England and any card that I make bound for overseas has to be as bulk free as possible!  Today's Bellariffic Friday is a sketch (sketch #2) and if my card looks slightly off, it's because I rotated the sketch twice (Danabella often does this too)...and left off the two photo corner thing-a-ma-jigs :)

I stamped Spencer the Bookworm in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured him with copics.

The bright, fun paper is from and old TE Key Ingredients Kit "Beach Bum".  Eliot has gorgeous blond hair so I tried to copy that on Spencer.  I put a few coats of clear glaze pen on his glasses and replaced the bow from the sketch to a flat metal "Birthday" tag finished off with two bonbons.

Here's hoping his card arrived on time - Happy Birthday Eliot!


Cheerio.....Leslie

4 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is such a bright and cheery guy card!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

I agree with Karen, this card is very bright and cheerful. I love all the fun colours you used for the books and the dp matched the image so well.

Pauline said...

Wow Leslie, this is a great card. Love the bright colours, a perfect guy card. Wonderful job on the colouring as well!

Dana White said...

This is perfect to send - and the sewing adds so much to it; look at you go with all the sewing!!