Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Loz!

We have a new doctor who started with us in January - she's here for a year doing extra specialty training.  Wednesday was her birthday and as her family and friends are across the world, I wanted her to feel part of our team and welcome.  My PI Girl Doctor was the perfect image, but she's MIA at the moment - probably in the OR! :)  I know she's somewhere in my stamp room - does that ever happen to you?  Do you lose a stamp completely?  Anyhow, I wanted to use a PI so chose the sweet Out on a Limb instead.

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured her with copics.

I used Jen's January Sketch For You To Try and am squeaking this in before the end of January!  The pattern paper is Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe and SU wild wasabi.  The scallop circle nestie is embossed with the SU Perfect Polkadots embossing folder.  I added a tiny twinkle to her shoe and of course some red stickles on her little heart hair barrette.  The double scallop border added a dainty touch under the yellow ribbon.  I found the perfect embellishment - a "Doctor" bag charm!  I couldn't decide how to attach the bag and now wish I had tucked it under her hand a bit. 

Here's hoping Loz had a lovely birthday. 

Cheerio.....Leslie

5 comments:

Karen Motz said...

She's super cute, my friend! That doctor bag is precious!

Anonymous said...

Love her dress, super cute card!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend she is too cute & that doctors charm is PERFECT!!!!!

Anna said...

I saw this is person and it was all of the above and more!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

I agree with Dana, the charm is a perfect touch and I love how you paper pieced her dress !!