Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sweet Sunday Starbucks - SSSC149

Happy New Year!  It's a brand new year of stamping and I resolve to sew more and USE my stamping supplies!  I'm sure I'm not alone in stamping supply hoarding :)

This week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (SSSC149) was a great layout and one I'm sure to use again.  I needed a birthday card for a fellow Starbucks lover and Miss You a Latte was the perfect image!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her with copics.

I went a bit crazy on the sewing but practice makes perfect, right?  The pattern paper is MME Darling Dear and the cardstock is SU Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Kraft.  I used the Lacey Circles nestie and the swiss dots embossing folder on the Baja Breeze circle.  I popped her up for a little dimension and used the Rolled Rose die to make a felt flower.  I even decorated the inside of the card too - but forgot to take a photo.

So, on my first card for 2012 I have sewing - check, used new pattern paper - check, used my felt stash to make a flower - check and used my new Baja Breeze seam binding - check!  No hoarding for this card - I'm off to a good start! :)

Cheerio.....Leslie

5 comments:

Dana White said...

oh my friend this is awesome i should shout how much I love it (if I could!!)

Ebru Vatansever said...

I love it to Leslie, SUPER CUTE !!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Leslie, this is AMAZING!~ Like Dana, I could shout how much I LOVE this too! FABULOUS papers, LOVE the rolled flower and all the stitching...this rocks!!

Helen said...

Supply hoarding? What a suggestion! *whistles*
Another great card from the Queen of Stamping!

Karen Giron said...

I LOVE her! What a super sweet card - love the flower and all the sewing and well, just everything!