Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Let's Celebrate - MFTWSC56

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 56.  Today's card is a special order birthday card and the Cheers a la mode was a perfect fit for this sketch.

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured it with copics.

The pattern paper is MME Lost and Found Union Square.  I'm still loving the Tied Together embossing folder and not just because it's bigger at 5 x 7!  I paper pieced her dress, added some tiny twinkles around the scallop circle nestie and sponged around the edges to soften the white a bit.  The sentiment is included with the image and is stamped on the small banner of the First Place Award Ribbon die.  To make her glass of champagne pop, I added several layers of clear glaze pen.

Here's hoping the Birthday girl enjoys her day (and her card)!

Cheerio.....Leslie

6 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

OMG Lesli this card is FABULOUS !!! So elegant my friend and you nailed the DP and colours.

Karen Motz said...

I ADORE her dress and the glass coming out of the circle!!

Miche said...

Yay...you have a blog...I know I'm a little slow off the mark and you have had it for a while...but for me it is a brand new discovery!!! I love your cards!!!

Dana White said...

OH your card is stunning my friend - love her dress!! OMG Miche's comment is too funny!!

Anna said...

So, so elegant Leslie! I love the taupe and black combination. That has been my wardrobe forever! The lace patterned paper is perfect.

Jennifer said...

Ooh! I love your card!!! :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to share,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com