Monday, January 16, 2012

Sweet Sunday Snowman - SSSC150

While I miss that the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge is now every two weeks instead of every week, I understand it's a time consuming job and I appreciate that Karen is still doing it!  I love her sketches!  I will do my best to do every challenge this year as I'll have two weeks to do it.  This weeks SSSC150 was a great layout for my first Christmas card for 2012.  Trust me when I say, if you start making a few Christmas cards each month when December rolls around you will be SO happy!

I stamped one of the snowmen from Swanky Snowdudes in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured him with copics.

The cardstock is Real Red and Baja Breeze.  The pattern paper is Cosmo Cricket, Mitten Weather and it certainly was mitten weather here in Ontario with our -25C windchill!  The embossing folder is SU Perfect Polkadots and I used circle nesties to cut him out and the First Place Award Ribbon die for the banner behind him.  His scarf has a little sparkle from the red Atyou Spica pen and I added 4 red sparkly dots to tie it all in.  A little sewing - this time a zig-zag stitch!  This card came together so quickly I decided to make his 'brother'! :)
Ah, now I see I forgot to stamp mouths on my snowmen....hmm, we'll just say they're "quiet" snowmen! :)

Cheerio.....Leslie

2 comments:

Dana White said...

These little guys are too cute. Look at you getting some holiday cards already done!!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my wors...how cute re these! I love these snowmen!